+ Search box +

Custom Search

Thursday, November 24, 2005

improve my vocabulary!!

I need to study English!! My vocabulary sucks. I only have limited type of words that I can use, my blog is not at all interesting without those flowery and humongous words. Hehe, gotta learn, maybe i should go flip open the dictionary and see what I can pick from there.....

Today was terribly busy. Got a shock of my life when everyone flocked in all of a sudden. After observing the customers a little while, I realised that today is the release of PSLE results!! No wonder so many kids in uniform when today is a school holiday, a Thursday and all the parents taking leave. It was so busy that there was a queue and Qihui had to step in to help. She supposed to finish her book by today but.....anyway, work also earn money ma, can pay the library book fine. HAHA...

All come, suddenly all go and we were left with many tables to clear. Time passed very fast. I looked at my watch and it was already 3pm! I was so afriad that time will pass so slowly that 5pm would never come. Luckily there was Qihui, who was ending at 4.30pm to accompany me. Nowadays I seem to be unable to work with some people. Not that they are irritating or what but they seem very proud when they know everything and act like they are superior to us when we are all of the same standard. It gets on our nerves, not only me but a few people are beginning to think that way. Anyway, if not happy then quit lor, anyway, it seems like the company sack people whenever they want so might as well I leave before I get sacked??

Emu, Qihui and I ordered a basket of chips and it was gone in 10mins! Garlic Lemon Butter rules!! But I think too much of it really gets me a tummy ache. Went shopping with emu for shorts. We decided to all wear shorts in Australia but i realised the only shorts that I have are the ones that I always wear for training! Went home after the bubble thing at Parkway.

The snails at my house walkway are so cute. Almost every night they would be crawling or sliming or walking across. Sad thing is when I walk past there the next morning, I would see some of them stepped and squashed by people who walk past not noticing them. Are Singaporeans so proud they walk with they head up and not notice these innocent little cute creatures on the floor?

Emu and I had one experience in Paragon about 4 years back when we were stilll visiting the skin doctor there. We were sitting outside the supermarket eating breadtalk when this kid just puked in the middle of the walkway. Out of curiosity, we purposely sat there to observe the people at Paragon. Less than 50% noticed the puddle of disgusting stuff on the floor. By the way, it was not very small. It was noticable for goodness sake. Miraculously, either they notice it in time or they happen to miss it like walking over it or abit to its left or right. Additionally, the people walking with them also never noticed. Finally, after waiting for about 10min, someone stepped right into it. GOSH..gross.... AND AND AND.. she never noticed that she actually stepped on a puddle of vomit. OH MY...

scribbled by =CaLiStA= at 9:03:00 PM